UA Webinar Series 2021
Demystifying Universal Acceptance: What does a multilingual Internet look like?
24 June 2021
Part 1: Multiple languages on the Internet
This session focused on why it is important to have multiple languages on the Internet.
– Anasuya Sengupta, Co-Director and co-founder, Whose Knowledge?
– Joe Hildebrand, Principal, Fractional CTO Associates
– Bonface Witaba, Researcher/Language Activist
– Remy Muhire, Community Fellow, Mozilla Foundation
– Rebecca Ryakitimbo, Community Engagement Fellow, Mozilla Foundation
Moderator: Solana Larsen, Mozilla
Lead: Sarah Kiden, Northumbria University/Mozilla
29 July 2021
Part 2: Understanding Universal Acceptance
This session focused on why Universal Acceptance matters. Why should we care?
– Dr. Ajay Data, Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG)
– Maria Kolesnikova, Chair, Communications Working Group, UASG
– Yaovi Atohoun, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Moderator: Bob Ochieng, ICANN
Lead: Esther Patricia Akello, AccessPlus
26 August 2021
Part 3: Universal Acceptance initiatives around Africa and globally -lessons learned
This session focused on showcasing case studies of Universal Acceptance implementation around the world.
– Eng. Abdalmonem Galila, UA Ambassador, Egypt
– Malick Alassane, Internet Society (ISOC) Benin Chapter
– Mark Datysgeld, GNSO Council
– Uffa Modey, Digital Grassroots
Moderator: Chenai Chair, Mozilla
Lead: Innocent Adriko
30 September 2021
– Sarmad Hussain, IDN-UA Programs
– Champika Wijayatunga, ICANN Technical Engagement
Moderator: Innocent Adriko, ICANN 72 Fellow